We have a great lineup of social media sessions this year! Here’s the schedule, locations, and descriptions:
- Paul Mitchell The School – Large Classroom (Third Floor) (PML)
- Paul Mitchell The School – Small Classroom (Third Floor) (SML)
- Danbury Ice Arena (Second Floor) (DIA)
- Crowdfunding Success Made Simple Patty Lennon (PML)
- Tweet What? Kate Fitzpatrick (PMS)
- Social Media (General) Joel Espinoza (DIA)
- Constant Contact Presents – Gathering Feedback through Social Media Ellen Williams (PML)
- Become a Marketing God(dess) Patty Lennon (PMS)
- Seven Keys to Social Media Success Bill DeRosa (DIA)
- LinkedIn for the Small Business Owner: Why LinkedIn is one of the BEST Platforms for You! Karen Yankovich (PML)
- LinkedIn for Career Growth Linda Van Valkenburgh, My Executive Career Coach (PMS)
- Campaigns That Drive Action – Newsletters & Announcements Robert Clark (DIA)
- Do It Yourself PR Donna Cravotta (PML)
- Digital Media Tony Fasanella/Hearst Media Services (DIA)
- 5 Strategies to Build a Stronger Brand in the Digital Age Jean Carucci (PMS)
Social Media Sessions for 2014 include:
Seven Keys to Social Media Success
Bill DeRosa, Principle, Talking Finger Social Media
In these simple, easy-to-understand keys you’ll master everything you need to know to manage a successful social media campaign. With these seven keys, you’ll master:
- How to plan and execute a results-driven social media campaign
- How to get the best return on investment
- How to create compelling content
- How to pick the RIGHT social network
- How to create synergy between your social and traditional media
- How to measure and evaluate results of your social media campaign
- Best and worst practices
Campaigns That Drive Action – Newsletters & Announcements
Robert Clark, Constant Contact Authorized Local Expert
At the heart of small business marketing are the campaigns that drive action – collections of marketing activities that help a small business ororganization to achieve its goals and objectives. Newsletters and Announcements have become a core component of those campaign choices. Email is more important than ever – to the communication efforts of businesses and nonprofits everywhere; and to the customer, donor, client or supporter of those organizations. This session will reveal some simple but effective best practices and considerations for the small business or nonprofit seeking to make their email newsletters more effective.
Attendees of this presentation will learn:
- The different types of newsletters
- What to write about in your newsletter or announcement and how to consider using images
- Subject line best practices, and when to send your newsletter
- The importance of understanding how connected email and social media are…they have to be done together.
- What types of additional tools might be useful
Join us and learn some great new strategies to help your email and social media efforts be more effective components of one of the core campaign types, newsletters and announcements.
Constant Contact Presents – Gathering Feedback through Social Media
Ellen Williams, Regional Development Director, NY State and Connecticut, Constant Contact
Get valuable insights to help drive your success.
At the heart of small business marketing are the campaigns that drive action – collections of marketing activities that help a small business or organization to achieve its goals and objectives. One important campaign type that is often overlooked revolves around getting feedback from your customers or supporters through the use of Surveys, Polls or Reviews. This session will reveal some simple but effective best practices and considerations for the small business or nonprofit seeking to build a survey that allows them to gather the valuable insights from their audiences that will allow them to move their organization forward.
Attendees of this presentation will learn:
- The importance of listening and how to set your survey’s objective.
- Develop good questions and understand how long is long enough.
- Three different considerations for when to survey and how to think about which parts of your audience to survey.
- What to do with the results once you have them.
Join us and learn some great new strategies to help develop your next survey and get the feedback and insights you need from your customers, donors, clients or supporters.
Crowdfunding Success Made Simple
In this fun and informative workshop you can expect to learn
- The #1 thing you can do to create huge success with a small list of followers
- 5 mistakes most crowdfunders make that keep them from succeeding and how to easily avoid these pitfalls.
- 3 insider tips to get more eyes on your campaign and greater cash flowing to your campaign (Hint: the proof is in the perk!)
- The one thing every single crowdfunder that has gone before you knew they had to do and still didn’t do – you deserve to learn from our mistakes!
- And much, much more…
“5 Strategies to Build a Stronger Brand in the Digital Age”
BrandTwist will share 5 tips that will help entrepreneurs create strong
brands and move their business forward. Hear best practices from the
Virgin brand as well as fresh trends, introducing new brands that think
and act entrepreneurially and are having significant impact in their
marketplaces. Each participant will walk away learning:
- How to determine who your ideal target is and what motivates them
- How great brands go beyond functional benefits to
connect on an emotional level
- How to apply your brand everywhere and what
opportunities are you overlooking
- How to incorporate your personal story with your
brand story and tell it succinctly
- How to look for inspiration outside of your category
- And much, more more
Become a Marketing God(dess)
In this fun, informative and inspirational evening business coach and author, Patty Lennon, will share:
- How to leverage the key marketing strategies you are already using successfully in your business to grow your revenue
- Her #1 Secret to attract paying clients to you so you never have to go out looking for them again.
- The one strategy Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey and Ghandi all used to create a loyal following that promotes their work for them
- Why the best marketing never requires money
And much, much more….
Have you seen what other business owners claim to be doing with twitter and wonder if it really is as powerful a tool as some claim?
Twitter isn’t for every business owner but if it makes sense for your business it is one of the most powerful tools to reach and convert potential clients to paying clients quickly.
During this workshop Kate Fitzpatrick will:
- Help you understand if your business can benefit from being on twitter
- How to create a powerful presence on twitter in just 14 minutes a day
- How to quickly and easily create tweets that intrigue and drive traffic to your site and
- What to do with traffic when they do move off twitter and onto your business so you are not missing out
- on potential sales
And much much more!
LinkedIn for the Small Business Owner: Why LinkedIn is one of the BEST Platforms for You!
Many people mistakenly believe that LinkedIn is just for those looking for work. Not at all! Used strategically, LinkedIn is an ideal platform for the small business owner, and…you do not need to spend a lot of time on LinkedIn to get real results.
In this session, we will cover LinkedIn best practices and how to craft a compelling, dynamic profile. Recommendations, endorsements, privacy settings, groups—we’ll cover it all!
You will learn:
- How to tailor your headline, summary, and other profile sections to persuasively deliver the message you want to your target audience;
- With whom to connect;
- How to avoid LinkedIn’s default settings;
- Why you don’t need to spend a lot of time on LinkedIn; and
- How to use LinkedIn to be a resource to others.
- I’ll also share examples of opportunities that came to me because of LinkedIn—with practically NO effort on my part–and how you can get these as well, whatever your business.
This highly interactive session is for all levels of LinkedIn user. Bring your questions, and while you’re welcome to bring one, no laptop or tablet is required.
Be Your Own Bootstrap Publicist
Are you an Entrepreneur or Small Business Owner who wants publicity but does not want to shell out big bucks on a PR Agent?
I can show you exactly what you need to do to land media and gain massive exposure for your small business for FREE:
- What landing media can do for you and your business
- What you need to prepare in order to successfully connect with the media
- Where to find media professionals
- How to connect with the media
- How to share your media for maximum exposure
- How to keep the relationship going with media professionals
- See the endless possibilities
- What NOT to do
YES! You have what it takes to be your own publicist and be a business celebrity!
LinkedIn for Career Growth
Linda Van Valkenburgh
LinkedIn (and Social Media) is here to stay! LinkedIn has unique
capabilities that goes beyond the old CRM systems and provides leads,
contacts, opportunities and market intelligence like no other system or
classic job board can provide. The ability to build relationships with
peers, colleagues, recruiters, and networkers; market your business; post
and find new positions; and highlight your career experience can all be done
on one robust social media platform. Learning how to leverage this strong and full featured medium is essential in today’s business climate. It is not just for job seekers but for every professional. Learn how to control your LinkedIn profile to build an online portfolio, position yourself as an expert, connect with target companies and influencers, utilize the LinkedIn Job Board, and much more!
Certified executive career coach Linda Van Valkenburgh is the owner of My
Executive Career Coach, LLC. Based in Stamford, Connecticut, My Executive
Career Coach offers comprehensive services to executives and other corporate
clients who are seeking to overcome a job loss or make a smooth career transition. Linda Van Valkenburgh has in-depth business expertise in advertising, marketing, engineering, industrial manufacturing, and entrepreneurship.
Linda Van Valkenburgh is committed to the success of her clients, and offers
one-on-one strategic career coaching designed to get results. She works with
her clients to identify and articulate career goals and options, and then
tailors an individualized career campaign to help her clients succeed in
today’s challenging job market. Experience supports Linda Van Valkenburgh’s
belief that clear objectives and defined goals help individuals make positive changes in their careers and in their lives. My Executive Career Coach also provides clients with job searching skills, networking advice, interview techniques, and contract negotiation guidance.
Linda Van Valkenburgh earned her undergraduate degree in education and
psychology from Marymount College. She completed her Master of Science in
education at Fordham University, and pursued additional advanced studies at
Purdue University. Recognized by the International Coaching Federation
(ICF), Linda’s credentials include: Certified Career Management Coach
(CCMC), Certified Job Search Strategist (CJSS), Certified Social Media
Career Strategist (CSMCS) and Certified Executive & Leadership Development
Coach (CELDC).Regularly invited to speak at professional events, Ms. Van
Valkenburgh has lectured MBA students on interview techniques and strategies
at the Yale School of Management and the UConn School of Business. She is an
invited Career Expert on NBC Connecticut’s WVIT Channel 6; and has spoken at
many conferences as well as networking and professional groups across the
region including: Executive Forum (NYC), New Canaan CaTS, Fairfield Library,
Wilton Library, New York University Media Industry & Design/P3 IDEAlliance,
PMI White Plains, Professional Services Group New Jersey Department of
Labor, SCORE/Norwalk, UJA/WJCS Connect to Care, Bronxville Career Network, BlogTalkRadio, and local Comcast TV. She is a regular contributor for
ExecuNet providing “Coffee Break” & Fast Track lectures and downloadable
content, ExecuNet Career Advisor article contributions, and guest speaker for ExecuNet’s 6 Figure Hotline teleconferences. Linda also organizes and facilitates several monthly networking meetings for the 100k and 200k+ executive.